Stephanie Deakin has owned and operated Re:Organized! Professional Organizing since 2005. Clients have included the WestShore Chamber of Commerce, The Better Business Bureau of Vancouver Island, and several major law firms. Prior to starting Re:Organized!, Stephanie worked as a personal assistant to an author / psychologist, and as assistant manager of a bookstore - both jobs she loved. She has also worked as a legal assistant, a freelance secretary, and a bookkeeper. She has devised storage and operation systems for children with special needs, and set up offices for several business start-ups.
Recognizing that she and Clutter Queen Barbara had a lot in common, in 2014 she went into partnership with her, while continuing to maintain her existing business.
- Current President of Professional Organizers in Canada (POC), the industry association for professional organizers
- Former Director of Finance for POC
- Chaired the local chapter of POC since 2005
- Participated in POC National Organizing Week work with local charities Canadian Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteered with HeroWork’s renovations for the Mustard Seed Centre and Threshold Housing
- Volunteer with the Society of Friends (Quakers), nationally and internationally
- 2013 recipient of POC’s Ambassador Award
- YWCA Women of Distinction Nominee
- Mother, daughter, and foster parent
Barbara McDonell had a 35-year career as an executive secretary when Canada Trust hired her to sort and clear a 5-bedroom estate home. For 40 years, those owners had discarded nothing - not even an empty candy wrapper. In the midst of floor-to-ceiling piles of newspapers that concealed cash and bearer bonds, while sorting through unopened mail and pill bottles hiding 24-carat gold jewelry, Barbara recognized her true passion and reinvented herself as a professional organizer.
For the following decade, Barbara waved her magic wand to turn chaos into calm, restoring order and harmony to client homes and offices by eliminating clutter and organizing what was left.
- Former 10-year Secretary of the Vancouver Island Chapter of Professional Organizers in Canada
- Twice won CFAX Radio’s Secretary of the Week
- One of 4 finalists chosen from 644 members for the POC Ambassador Award
- Volunteered with POC National Organizing Week to help the ALSociety, The Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity; volunteered with HeroWork, Victoria Hospice, The United Way, Animals Crusaders, Shaw TV, The Commonwealth Games and The Friends of Yellow Point Society
- Founding member of "Victoria's Grapevine" (2004-2009), a group of 4 home-based business women who committed a monthly Random Act of Kindness by choosing one deserving retail store per month and surprising them with a visit of 25 potential new customers
|See Barbara on CHEK TV's Island 30: